Lean Management Certification for Services – LMAC - Columbus, OH
Check back for dates
This program develops resources capable of leading/managing a Lean transformation in your service or administrative environment and is designed for senior and middle managers looking to drive waste from their processes to boost enterprise-wide performance and improve customer service. This is a fully-accredited certification designed specifically for administrative and service industry professionals.Register Now
The Lean Management Certification for Services (LMAC-Service) shows administrative and service industry professionals how to achieve sustainable improvement in organizational performance and capability.
Co-developed by Productivity Inc. and The Ohio State University for senior and middle managers, the Lean Management Certification for Services (LMAC-Service) is a highly competitive, interactive program that teaches a carefully structured series of Lean concepts and techniques as applied specifically in services. Our combination of classroom discussion, group exercises, simulations, case studies, and hands-on application lets you transform theory into reality and educational lessons into practical experiences.
Lean Management Certification for Services (LMAC-Service) develops Lean transformation managers, not simply project managers. Over three non-consecutive weeks, participants experience a series of learning modules focused on defining current state, deploying Lean methods, and developing a culture of improvement. Between training weeks, participants apply Lean principles in processes at their own organizations and present their progress and results to the class during subsequent training weeks.
Gain the know-how, confidence, and problem-solving skills you need to drive waste from your processes and boost enterprise-wide performance.
Participants who complete this program are able to:
Perform as principal change agent.
Lead organization-wide improvement tied to strategic goals.
Assess the current state, establish baselines, and determine remedial actions.
Create detailed transformation plans based on a value stream perspective.
Guide, mentor, and coach project managers, department managers, and team leaders in the use of specific improvement tools and methods.
Designed for senior and middle managers looking to drive waste from their processes to boost enterprise-wide performance and improve customer service.
- Cut accounts receivable process time by 33%.
- Increased quotation capacity by 40%.
- Reduced IT support action item closure time by 25%.
- Reduce accounts receivable and accounts payable labor cost by 30%.
- Implemented a direct communications program to continuously broadcast company DNA.
- Reduced product development quotation time from ›3 to ‹1 day.
- Reduced Design Engineering time-to-market from 224 hours to 50 hours.
- Shortened the product engineering order processing time from 17 days to 8 days.
- Reduced invoicing process time from 22 hours to 8 hours.
- Cut the ordering processing time for key customer components by 60%.
- Reduced global sales order quotation and order entry process from 10 days to 3 days.
- Month-end trial balance (closing) from 5 days to 2 days.
- New product launch from 55 days to 15 days.
- Reduced customer pricing revision procedure from 77 days to 2 days.
- Sales order through engineering design and pre-trial process reduced from 5 days to 1 day.
Week 1 – DEFINE
- Introduction to Lean Principles and Waste
- Understanding the Current State
- Cause mapping
- A3 Storyboards
- Continuous Improvement and Project Management
- Lean Service Simulation
- Value Stream Mapping (Visual Value Streams)
- Value Stream Analysis
- Process Improvement Methodologies
- Standard Work
Week 2 – DEPLOY
- 5S and Deployment of Visual Standards
- Voice of the Customer
- Metrics and Key Performance Indicators
- Basic Statistical Analysis
- Programming & Scheduling Service Flows
- Visual Management of Activities and Performance
- Critical Conversations
- Interpersonal Skills
Week 3 – TRANSFORM
- Lean Leadership and Constructing a Lean Management System
- Lean and Corporate Strategy
- Hoshin Kanri – Policy Deployment
- Case Study: The Application of Lean Management in a Service Organization
- Lean In Marketing and Sales New
- Lean Transformation in the Organization
Fully accredited certification for managers and leaders since 2001. A unique educational opportunity offered jointly by Productivity Inc. and The Ohio State University’s Fisher College of Business.
WHAT PAST ATTENDEES ARE SAYING…
“I learned a tremendous amount during this course. All my expectations were exceeded.
I’m excited to continue to grow in my Lean organization transformation.”
Michael Sopko – Head of Service Support Organization – Mettler-Toledo
“Training was very well presented. I learned a lot of new things and learned new ways
to think about and teach topics I learned in my own Six Sigma work.”
Brian Scottberg – Master Black Belt – Country Financial
“This certification program has been an extraordinary professional and human experience. New to this approach, I had the opportunity to put my knowledge into practice as I progressed in my learning. The support of the training team allowed me to avoid the mistakes of a beginner. This training emphasizes the strategy of culture change and the key techniques necessary to the Lean transformation process. I highly recommend it.”
Viviane M. – Geneva University Hospital
To qualify, all participants must have a management sponsor, who will attest to the results achieved in on-the-job assignments. Participants must be affiliated with a manufacturing or service organization actively pursuing process improvement techniques, and should have a fundamental understanding of TPM and lean techniques.
Payment Options: Payment must be received BEFORE the event. This event fills up quickly therefore we cannot confirm reservations until payment is received. Payment installments available. (This option includes a $150 processing fee.)
Participants who successfully complete the four-week training and mentoring program, pass the certification exam, and demonstrate successful implementation in their own facility are certified by Productivity Inc. and the Fisher College of Business as TPM Managers and earn 16 CEUs.
ABOUT YOUR HOSTS
Productivity Inc. is a leading consulting and training firm that helps organizations build new capabilities, save money, and grow. We focus on three progressive strategies: Operational Excellence, Innovation Systems and Leadership Development.
Working together, these strategies provide the means to continually refresh a company’s value proposition while making the organizational changes needed for daily improvement and sustainable growth.
We pioneered the implementation of Lean and TPM methodologies in manufacturing in the late 1970s. Since then, we have extended these methodologies across a wide range of industries, including healthcare, finance, and other service industries.
Today, our time-tested management system, motion™ provides organizations with:
- a uniquely comprehensive approach to implementing Lean across an entire enterprise, incorporating assessment, leadership, and business renewal.
- a robust process for innovation to develop an organization-wide capability to create new forms of value – reliably, predictably, repeatedly.
More than simply a Lean consulting firm, Productivity Inc. can provide you with a variety of methodologies to keep your enterprise in motion™.
THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY’S FISHER COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Since 1916, The Ohio State University’s Fisher College of Business has produced exceptional leaders who meet the challenges of a changing global business environment through creative and effective solutions. As a result, Fisher’s reputation continues to rise and is reflected in rankings which place the college among the top 15 Business Schools in the nation at the undergraduate and graduate levels of public universities.
Today, Fisher College of Business Executive Education continues to provide growth opportunities to business professionals seeking to increase their knowledge, insights and intuition. Their executive-level degree programs are comprehensive, integrative and examine today’s issues from every angle to give you a total business perspective.
A block of rooms is being held for Productivity Inc. LMAC attendees at The Blackwell Hotel on The Ohio State University campus. Address: 2110 Tuttle Park Place, Columbus, Ohio 43210.
Productivity Inc. attendees receive a reduced rate of $145.00 per night, single or double occupancy. Rate includes hot buffet breakfast. Please call 614.247.4000 or toll-free 866.247.4003 for reservations, and identify yourself as a Productivity Inc. LMAC program attendee. The special rate will be available until four weeks prior to the event; after this date the hotel cannot guarantee availability.
For more information on The Blackwell Hotel, please visit www.theblackwell.com. The hotel is approximately 8 miles from the Columbus International Airport.