Productivity was the first to introduce lean to the USA.
- Launch Lean Leadership Master Class – 2018
- First release Cost Reduction Model – 2016
- Launch Innovation platform (Innovation by Productivity™)– 2014
- Develop first Maintenance Improvement Certificate Program in conjunction with The Ohio State University – 2013
- Develop and offer the first Lean Manager Certification Program for Service Industry, in conjunction with The Ohio State University (OSU) – 2010
- Develop and offer the only TPM Manager Certification Program in conjunction with The Ohio State University – 2010
- Develop and offer the first Lean Manager Certification Program, in conjunction with The Ohio State University (OSU) – 2001
- Develop first Lean Certificate Program (later offered in conjunction with The Ohio State University) – 1999
- Offer public training & in-house use of JIT tools on the European Continent – 1995
- Offer public training & in-house use of JIT tools in Mexico – 1991
- Offer in-house SMED and Problem-solving training workshops – 1990
- Produce TPM, Lean and Employee Involvement conferences in the U.S. – 1990
- Pioneer public training & in-house use of JIT tools in the UK – 1989
- Use the Kaizen training format in the U.S. – 1988
- Translate and publish books on TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) by “the father of TPM” Seiichi Nakajima – 1988
- Deliver public training in the U.S. on the JIT (Just-In-Time manufacturing) toolkit – 1986
- Translate and publish books on SMED (single minute exchange of die) by Shigeo Shingo – 1985
- Translate and publish books on Japanese management practices by Shigeo Shingo and Ryuji Fukuda – 1983
- Deliver Productivity and Quality Conferences – 1981
- Conduct public industrial study missions from the U.S. to Japan – 1981
- Publish first “Productivity” Newsletter – 1980
Today, we assist organizations throughout the Global 1000 in production, operations and administrative applications of operational excellence transformation in:
Discrete manufacturing and process industries
Including electronics, automotive, aerospace, footwear & apparel, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, oil & gas, metals & mining, and building products, where we’ve assisted with projects in production, customer service, procurement, scheduling, R&D, human resources, laboratories…
Including insurance, banking, laboratories, healthcare, retail, and government, where we’ve assisted with projects in customer service, human resources, sales & marketing, R&D, finance & accounting…
Productivity around the globe
We serve clients in the Americas, Europe, and Asia in support of their business process improvement efforts by providing them a customized transformation roadmap that includes:
- Partnering with the senior leadership team in defining and deploying their operational excellence strategy and implementing a sustainable lean management and lean production system.
- Training and coaching leaders at all levels in operational excellence methodologies and the leadership routines necessary to support a continuous improvement culture.
- Mentoring and Coaching project teams and natural work teams in workplace waste elimination projects through the application of Lean, Six Sigma, and Total Productive Maintenance principles and practices.
- On-going project management to ensure all initiatives remain on track and tied to organizational goals.
These efforts encompass all company departments in the transformation journey thus ensuring development of empowered employees and customer-oriented process improvement.
We provide our clients with systematic transformation solutions encompassing both the technical elements and cultural development needed for success. Our team-based approach to operational transformation ensures a transfer of knowledge and ownership of the improvement process to our clients.